Drooping of paint that occurs when first put on, but dries with a “sagging” look.
Rather than apply two coats over a wall that needs two coats for proper coverage, some people apply one extra heavy coat and then it sags.
- Applying a too heavy a coat of paint.
- Painting in excessively humid and/or cool conditions.
- Using a paint that was overly thinned.
- Painting over a glossy surface, which did not provide enough of a profile to which the coating is to adhere to.
- Painting over a contaminant surface.
Home owners can usually repaint or touch-up painting goofs themselves. Painters and qualified handymen easily correct these type of mistakes.