Standard wall switch
Light switch making a sound:
- Switch is worn out; replacement is wise.
- Switch is damaged; replacement is wise.
- Arcing may taking place. Sometimes if a wire is not tighten down sufficiently on the terminals in the switch, it will arc and you will hear a sound. Tightening the wire may solve this.
- Low quality switches; try upgrading to a higher quality switches.
- Occasionally from overloaded circuit (especially if switch feels warm to hot)
If from arcing, be careful, for at times this can lead to a fire. Therefore, replacing the switch and reviewing the circuit is wise.
Who to consult? An electrician or qualified handyman.
Replacing a defective or damaged switch normally can easily be done by an electrician or qualified handyman. If there is further work required, then a electrician would be best suited for this type of work.