Average age of homes
Median age of homes in the U.S. is approximately 37 years old, depending what area of the US you live in. Homes in the Northeast have the oldest median age; approximately 57 to 58 years of age. The youngest areas, such as Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, may average 20 to 25 years old.
- 38% of sales are to 1st time buyers; with a median age of 31 years old.
- Median age of repeat buyers is 52 years old.
Average age of a person in the US
- 36.8 years
- At age 85 and older, there were more than twice as many women as men. People under 20 years of age made up over a quarter of the U.S. population (27.3%), and people age 65 and over made up one-eighth (12.8%) in 2009. The national median age was 38 years (2017).
3. There is one birth every 8 seconds
4. US population; approximately 326,766,000. (2018)