Average age of homes
Median age of homes is 36 years old, depending what area of the US you live in. Homes in the Northeast have the oldest median age; approximately 57 to 58 years of age. The youngest areas, such as Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, may average 20 to 25 years old.
- 38% of sales are to 1st time buyers; with a median age of 31 years old.
- Median age of repeat buyers is 52 years old.
Average age of a person in the US
- 36.8 years
- At age 85 and older, there were more than twice as many women as men. People under 20 years of age made up over a quarter of the U.S. population (27.3%), and people age 65 and over made up one-eighth (12.8%) in 2009. The national median age was 36.8 years.
3. There is one birth every 8 seconds
4. US population; approximately 320,000,000.